NAVIGATING THE TTB FORMULA APPROVAL PROCESS
One of the best reasons to hire an attorney to assist your alcoholic beverage company is navigating the often-confusing Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) formula approval process. All food and beverage product manufacturers need to ensure their products’ formulas meet applicable health and safety regulations. Registering a new formula can be a time-consuming process if you do not have legal representation to assist you.
The TTB needs very specific, accurate information to approve any formula. Failure to include necessary information in your TTB formula submission can lead to significant delays for you and your business operations. The sooner you secure legal counsel for assistance in navigating these processes, the more swiftly you can secure the formula approvals you need to manufacture your products safely and legally.
HOW CAN A CALIFORNIA ALCOHOL FORMULA LAWYER ASSIST ME?
The team at Blake & Ayaz has years of experience handling complex formula verification and approval processes on behalf of our clients throughout California. We understand how the TTB handles formula submissions and will help you approach the process with more confidence and peace of mind.
Blake & Ayaz is ready to assist your business with many formula-related legal processes, including:
- Securing lab reports you must submit with your formula. This is especially important for importers who must secure lab reports from overseas testing facilities. It may be impossible to begin selling your products until you have verified lab reports for every imported product you sell.
- Obtaining pre-import approvals. Our team has experience representing businesses that deal in imported spirits. We can work with the systems of the TTB to obtain approval for imported spirits prior to import so you can streamline your operation.
- Formula registration. Before you can begin manufacturing an alcoholic beverage product, you must ensure it meets the formula requirements set forth by the TTB. Our team will assist you in preparing the paperwork you need to register your formula correctly.
- Securing statements of process. Domestically produced alcoholic beverage products containing sugar or sweetener may require statements of process or formulas for beverages that contain malt, sugar, and other flavors.
- Partnership Formula Approval Process (PFAP) applications. If your brand needs to expedite the approval of an urgent or important formula, Blake & Ayaz can assist in your PFAP application.
- Flavor approval. Beverages with compounded flavoring ingredients require approval from the TTB to avoid excessive excise taxes and for legal permission to use certain flavors in the manufacturing of alcoholic beverages.
- Flavor Ingredient Data Sheets (FIDS), which are helpful for demonstrating the exact contents of every flavor and coloring used in the manufacturing of a beverage for transparency.
These are only a few of the most commonly needed formula services our team offers to clients throughout California. Rest assured that no matter what formula issues your brand encounters, our lawyers can provide clarity and security when you need it most.
WHY DO I NEED A CALIFORNIA ALCOHOL FORMULA ATTORNEY?
Navigating TTB processes without legal counsel can be incredibly challenging. You could likely make a mistake on your submitted paperwork that leads to long and costly delays for your business. It’s also possible to meet with formula-related legal issues that demand the attention of an experienced California alcohol formula lawyer. Ultimately, hiring an attorney to assist with formula-related legal processes is an investment in the future of your business.
The right attorney can significantly expedite TTB formula approvals. Instead of spending too much time attempting to navigate all of the paperwork and documentation you must submit to the TTB for formula approval, your California alcohol formula attorney will streamline your formula-related legal processes.
Your decision to hire a California alcohol formula lawyer can also prove beneficial if another party attempts to violate your trademarked property profit off of your legally registered formulas. An experienced California alcohol formula attorney can help you determine your best available legal options if anyone attempts to illegally profit from your registered formulas.
FIND YOUR LEGAL TEAM TODAY
The TTB’s formula registration and verification processes are notoriously complex. Spending too much time attempting to navigate them on your own only leads to operational losses for your business. Instead of trying to manage these complex formula processes on your own, focus on running your business and choose Blake & Ayaz to handle all your formula-related legal matters. This will enable you to continue running your operation with the confidence that comes with having experienced legal counsel ready to clarify any issues you encounter and assist you in navigating the TTB’s processes.
If you are ready to speak with an experienced California alcohol formula lawyer, contact Blake & Ayaz today to schedule a complimentary consultation with our team. We will review the label processes you need to complete and let you know what to expect from the process.