A Dispute Doesn’t Always Require A Trial

Some civil disputes do not require a trial. Instead, a knowledgeable attorney can act as your negotiator before a lawsuit is even filed. By finding a method of alternative dispute resolution (ADR) that works for you, you can save time and money while still getting to a result you can be happy with. The attorneys at Blake & Ayaz have the skills to help you solve your problem efficiently.

Types Of Alternative Dispute Resolutions

There are many different ways to resolve a problem before it goes to trial. Litigation isn't the only way. Both parties who agree to an ADR procedure typically agree that a negotiated settlement is worth trying before investing time and money into civil litigation. These processes include:

  • Arbitration: An impartial party, called an "arbitrator," listens to both sides and determines the outcome. Both parties agree to abide by the arbitrators ruling.
  • Mediation: A neutral person, called a "mediator," works with both parties to agree. The mediator does not make any decisions. They just encourage each party to work together and overcome sticking points in the conversation.
  • Neutral Evaluation: An unbiased person, called an "evaluator," hears each side of the case. They then give their opinion on how the dispute could be resolved. Their solution is not official, only a guiding point for each party.
  • Settlement Conferences: An independent party, called a "settlement officer," hears each party and offers a potential settlement. Their decision is not final. It merely helps each party see the strengths and weaknesses in their case.

Call Today To Discuss Your Options

For those looking for a cost-effective and time-efficient way of handling their case, an alternative dispute resolution may be your best option. The lawyers at Blake & Ayaz have helped clients throughout Southern California get the best results possible. We can help you build a strong case while also being open to negotiation. Call our office in Santa Ana today at 714-479-8136, or fill out our online form here.